Here are some ideas of how to practice…
1. Write a Blog – Use a blog to practice your writing skills.
2. Keep a journal – This is a good idea because you are using words and thoughts that are apart of your life. If you practice writing them, they will be more familiar to you when you want to say them.
3. Tweet – Use Twitter to communicate short phrases or sentences to others.
4. Pen pal – Get a pen pal via email with a language partner. You can correct each others’ mistakes and learn more about their culture.
5. To-Do lists – Write your to-do lists each day in the language.
6. Chat – Chat with new friends through Skye or facebook. (Also look to chat with other members of ExchangeALanguage.com.. check back for new updates!)
7. Essays – Choose a topic that you are passionate about and write about an essay.
Be sure to have a language partner check over your work and correct any mistakes so that you learn from it. Writing takes some time, but it can be very helpful to becoming confident with the grammar. It can help you speak more confidently, especially about a topic you have written a lot about.