You have your language exchange partner, but now what? Maybe you are both at a beginner level so it’s difficult to just start speaking. Look here to get a weekly language exchange activity. If you don’t have a partner find one in our Free Language Exchange Community.
Beginners: Describing Game (estimated time 30 minutes)
Who is it for? This one is for 2 language partners practicing at a (very) beginner level.
What you need:Your Language partner, Flashcards(or paper), and understanding of how to use the verb ‘to be’ in your practicing language.
- First write 10 adjectives on flash cards
- Then write 10 nouns(people, places or things) on more flashcards in another pile
- Now take a one noun and a adjective and form a sentence.
- Take 15 minutes to go through your cards.
- Now take 15 minutes to do the same for your partners practicing language.
Extra time? (20-30 more minutes)
What you need? More flashcards and the understanding of how to form a question with the verb ‘to be’.
- Now use the noun and adjective in a form of a question. Example: Is your brother happy?
- Add more adjective and nouns if you feel comfortable with practicing more.
- Let your partner take a turn doing the same.
Bonus! Practicing using more verbs than ‘to be’.
Does it feel good to speak your new language out loud to a native speaker? I hope so!
- Let your partner speak, but correct them if you aren’t able to understand
- Have your partner correct your pronunciation.
- As always make sure to divide the time evenly in each language.
- Have fun!
If you don’t have a partner yet, join our Free Language Exchange Community now.